2017-07-20 16:12 来源：小牛英语
1. Do you have a family?
2. It’s a good father that knows his son.
3. I have no opinion of that sort of man.
4. She put 5 dollars into my hand，“you have been a great man today.”
5. I was the youngest son， and the youngest but two.
6. The picture flattered her.
8. He is a walking skeleton.
9. The machine is in repair.
10. He allowed the father to be overruled by the judge， and declared his own son guilty.
11. You don’t know what you are talking about.
12. You don’t begin to understand what they mean.
你根本不知道他们在干嘛。（don’t begin ：决不）
13. They didn’t praise him slightly.
14. That’s all I want to hear.
15. I wish I could bring you to see my point.
16. You really flatter me.
17. He made a great difference.
18. You cannot give him too much money.
19. The long exhausting trip proved too much.
20. The monk is only not a dead man.
21. A surgeon made a cut in the patient’s stomach.
22. You look darker after the holiday.
23. As luck would have it， he was caught by the teacher again.
24. She held the little boy by the right hand.
25. Are you there?
与“Do you follow me?”意思相同。
26. If you think he is a good man， think again.
27. She has blue eyes.
28. That took his breath away.
29. Two is company but three is none.
30. The elevator girl reads between passengers.
（“between”=“without”：相同用法：She modeled between roles.译成：她不演戏时去客串下模特。）
31. Students are still arriving.
32. I must not stay here and do nothing.
33. They went away as wise as they came.
34. I won’t do it to save my life.
35. Nonsense， I don’t think his painting is any better than yours.
36. Traditionally， Italian presidents have been seen and not heard.
37. Better late than the late.
38. You don’t want to do that.
39. My grandfather is nearly ninety and in his second childhood.
40. Work once and work twice.
41. Rubber easily gives way to pressure.
42. If my mother had known of it she’d have died a second time.