2017-02-22 11:17 来源：小牛英语
A strange thing happened to me last Sunday. It was ___1___ a beautiful day that I drove to go for a look in the country.
On the way back home, my car ___2___. It was out of gas on a lonely road far from a town. I decided to walk ___3___ I found someone who could ___4___ some gas.
I had walked almost a mile ___5___ I finally found a house near the road. I was glad to see it ___6___ it was getting dark.
I knocked at the door and a little old lady ___7___ long white hair answered. She said, “I’ve been ___8___ for you for a long time. Come in.___9___ is almost ready.”
“But I only come ___10___ some gas,” I answered. I couldn’t imagine ___11___ she was talking about.
“Oh, Alfred! Gas？You used to like tea.”
I quickly explained that my car was out of gas, ___12___ she didn’t seem to hear me. She just ___13___ calling me Alfred and talking about how long ___14___ since she had seen me. She was acting very strangely and I was anxious to ___15___. As soon as she went to get tea, I went out of the house as fast as I could.
___16___, there was another house down the road and I was able to buy the gas I needed. When I told the man about my ___17___, he said: “Oh, that’s Miss Emily. She lives ___18___ herself in that big house. She’s out of her mind, but she wouldn’t hurt ___19___. She is still waiting for the man she was supposed to marry thirty years ago. The day before their wedding he left home and ___20___ came back because of the war.”
1. A. so B. such C. that D. very
2. A. jumped B. stopped C. moved D. slid
3. A. until B. when C. so that D. because
4. A. fetch B. sell C. buy D. send
5. A. before B. so C. until D. since
6. A. if B. and C. because D. though
7. A. with B. of C. had D. wore
8. A. cooking B. looking C. calling D. waiting
9. A. Gas B. Coffee C. Tea D. Lunch
10. A. for B. with C. without D. buy
11. A. when B. what C. why D. that
12. A. but B. though C. and D. so
13. A. suggested B. kept C. stopped D. enjoyed
14. A. had it been B. it had been C. has it been D. it has been
15. A. stay B. leave C. speak D. answer
16. A. Finally B. Fortunately C. Exactly D. Unexpectedly
17. A. incident B. surprise C. experience D. adventure
18. A. on B. for C. by D. with
19. A. anyone B. someone C. everyone D. none
20. A. Soon B. often C. never D. seldom
1. B。such a …that 是一固定搭配，that引导一程度状语从句。
2. B。从后面的out of gas on a lonely road可以判断用stopped。
7. B。a little old lady of long white hair 指长满长长的白发的女人。
9. C。根据下文的 “Oh, Alfred! Gas? You used to like tea.” 可推知。
10. A。come for some gas 表示“来买点汽油”。
11. B。宾语从句，引导词what在从句中作about的宾语，what she was talking about 指“她正在说什么”。
15. B。be anxious to leave 急着要走。即不是说什么，也不是呆在那儿。
18. C。live by oneself 独自生活，没有人陪伴。